Growing mindfully means to grow and age in a conscious, purposeful way through an awareness of both the internal and external factors that shape us.
By becoming aware of how our thoughts, feelings, and actions are connected and how they are influenced by others, we have the ability to respond to life in an intentional way instead of just reacting to what happens to us.
The Growing Mindfully curriculum incorporates a variety of concepts from neuroscience, psychology, and human development. All of the courses and work offered utilize mindfulness as a way of cultivating awareness to provide both children and adults a tool to regulate their social and emotional reactions.
Here are a few quotes that demonstrate the foundation of Growing Mindfully courses:
- “Neurons that fire together wire together.” —Donald Hebb
- “Mindfulness is about love and loving life. When you cultivate this love, it gives you clarity and compassion for life, and your actions happen in accordance with that.” —Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react that matters.” —Epictetus
- “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” —Norman Vincent Peale
- “You have a unique body and mind, with a particular history and conditioning. No one can offer you a formula for navigating all situations and all states of mind. Only by listening inwardly in a fresh and open way will you discern at any given time what most serves your healing and freedom.” —Tara Brach
- “As children develop, their brains “mirror” their parent’s brain. In other words, the parent’s own growth and development, or lack of those, impact the child’s brain. As parents become more aware and emotionally healthy, their children reap the rewards and move toward health as well.”–Daniel Siegal
By teaching people of all ages about mindfulness and how to apply it in their lives, my goal with Growing Mindfully is to educate others with tools to live with greater awareness, leading to a more balanced and fulfilling existence.
Whether you and your family are new to mindfulness or you have an established practice and are looking to share resources with others, my hope is that you find this website helpful in some way. Please contact me if I can provide additional assistance through a class, presentation, or private support. I would be honored to help you grow mindfully!